Module 6 - Analysis of Categorical Data
Up to this point we have discussed how to analyze continuous data. In this module we will address categorical data or count data. We will first describe one sample tests for a single proportion and then consider tests for association in cross tabulations.
After successfully completing this module, students will be able to:
- Perform a one sample test of proportions, including with proc freq
- Define "odds" and distinguish between proportions and odds
- Perform cross-tabulation and generate 2x2 tables
- Compute and interpret risk ratios and odds ratios
- Perform and interpret a chi square test, including with proc freq