Microsoft Office Mix
Kenith Wilson, Educational Technologist, Educational Media Support Center, Boston University Medical Center
Wayne LaMorte, Office of Teaching and Digital Learning, Boston University School of Public Health
Microsoft Office Mix is a relatively new software product that allows you to easily turn you PowerPoint presentations into interactive lessons.
What Mix enables you to do:
- Create video lessons - similar to those published by Khan Academy Screen Capture – Audio & Video
- Post PowerPoint files with built-in quiz questions and feedback
- Create voiceover for your PowerPoint slides
- Save your Mix files to OneDrive (MS Cloud - Free Hosting
- Track student progress
The video below gives an overview of what Mix can do for you.
This link brings you to a series of tutorials illustrating the learning modules that you can create with Microsoft Office Mix .
- Computer: 2 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2;
- Memory: 2 GB RAM;
- Hard disk: 1.0 GB available disk space;
- Display: 1024 x 768 screen resolution;
- Graphics: DirectX 10 or 11 graphics card;
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1;
- Microsoft Office: PowerPoint 2013, Office 2013 or Office 365; .
- Net version: 4.5;
- Other: Microphone or other sound input device for recording, web cam for video recording.
For updated requirements see the official Microsoft web page https://officemix.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/349393-on-which-devices-can-i-watch-a-mix-can-i-watch-mi
- Firefox on Mac OS X cannot play Mix files due to lack of h.264 video support.
- Apple Macintosh requires Safari version 6 or higher
- Safari for Windows is version 5.17, which is not supported
- Mix files are supported on Apple & Android Devices