The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,
- Describe key aims of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) with respect to access, cost, and quality.
- Identify three specific provisions of the ACA designed to expand access to health insurance coverage.
- Describe the general eligibility criteria for obtaining health insurance coverage through the exchanges and Medicaid expansion with attention to between state difference
- Define cost sharing. Describe its intended purpose, relation to moral hazard, and potential unintended consequences for patients.
- Differentiate between co-pay, co-insurance and deductible.
- Explain the four parts of Medicare with respect to covered services.
- Compare and contrast Medicare and Medicaid with regard to population served, program management, including how the ACA changes the programs
- Examine the relationship between access to insurance coverage and total medical spending.
- Mary Agnes Carey and Julie Appleby. Kaiser Health News. (2013). FAQ: What You Need To Know About The New Online Marketplaces. Kaiser Health News. Sep 16, 2013